If you ever wondered why you should donate furniture, here are 5 good reasons:
1) To make space in your home so you can get new, different stuff! Life is short; experiment with your home!
2) To keep things out of the landfill. Don’t throw out your furniture! Donate it! Leave space in the landfills for all the other detritus of the modern world.
3) To get a tax deduction. Keep some more of your hard earned greenbacks! Donations of property to a 501(c)3 counts as a charitable donation at the fair market value of the item.
4) To help charities do their work. We’re all in this to do something good for the world. Your donations help charities do their do.
5) To provide other people the opportunity to own nice stuff without paying a ton of money. The economy’s not exactly working out for a lot of people. Thrift stores and other charities are vital for helping people to be able to afford the basics of life.